Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

To Dream Or Not To Freak The Hell Out

Two nights ago I had a crazy dream.

In my dream I woke up, but I couldn't move. And I realized that there were people in my apartment, but they weren't exactly people. I don't know how to really explain them other than they looked human but weren't.

Somehow I knew that these people lived in my apartment during the night, but I wasn't supposed to know. I knew that it was extremely dangerous to know that they existed, and if they found out that I knew they would kill me.

So I lay in my bed, watching these people walk around my room, so terrified that I couldn't fall back asleep, but also terrified because if my brain woke up any more, I knew I'd start to move and they'd kill me.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BRAIN?!?!

Needless to say, I wasn't very thrilled with dream. My friend suggested I look up what the dream meant. So I Googled dreaming about sleep paralysis. Then I fell down the Google rabbit hole a bit and ended up looking at sleep paralysis itself.

Oh Google, you foul, foul beast.

Turns out that, according to Google at least, sleep paralysis can cause hallucinations. Many people hear voices, see unwanted people in their rooms, experience someone sitting on their chest.

Yeah, that doesn't make me feel any better.

It's not a fun experience, but because I'm wired the way I am, I'm curious to hear other people's experiences.

So, anyone ever had an experience with sleep paralysis?

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment