Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Life Slumps And Liquor (minus the liquor)

So this week has been shit.

Well, I mean, I'm still pretty lucky. I'm alive and healthy (kinda) and all, but I'm still going to complain about life. Can we just agree that it's our right as humans?

I started the week sick, so Monday was a write-off. And anyone who knows me knows that Monday is my busiest day at work. So come Tuesday, I had more work than I could handle and I still probably should have stayed home. Which means that by Wednesday my work had snowballed and I was crushed.

On top of the work snowball, I've been stuck in a rut lately. I feel blah, I look blah, everything is blaaaahhhh.

Add this together and this week has made me feel very unsure about my happiness. I've been in this loop of realizing that I'm not happy with the way I'm spending my time (hello, I should be a published author by now ;).

The point of all this is that my friend gave me a good piece of advice She told me to make a list of things that I want to do to make myself feel better and to get me out of this slump. So Thursday, that is what I did. Below is the list.


  • Get hair cut
  • Get a mani/pedi
  • Figure out glasses/contacts (which I want to wear)
  • Go for a massage
  • Try acupuncture
  • Make gym schedule
    • Don't bail on it for an entire month
  • Organize closet
    • Get rid of unused clothes
    • Get pants hemmed (bought these before christmas, still not done)
  • Buy two new shirts (until Summer)
  • Redecorate bedroom
    • Get new blinds
    • Get side tables
  • Redecorate living room
    • Get new blinds
    • Get some snazzy pillows
    • Rearrange furniture
  • Pay off credit card
  • Build savings account
  • Do taxes
  • Greek Texan date with Alana
  • Set a writing schedule

Since I created the list, I've already crossed off two things. It feels kind of nice to prioritize things. Some of the list is necessary (aka boring) but make you feel accomplished after you get them out of the way.

I'll add to the list if I think of any others. And feel free to share your thoughts/lists!

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment