Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

How To Better Myself In 2015 - Part 2

It took me a bit to figure out my next couple of goals for 2015. Part 1 of this post included the two major goals I've had for quite a while, so I had to dig a little deeper to figure out what exactly I wanted from this year.

3) Improve My Skills
Now, this is a very broad goal but overall I would like to improve some skills that I have. Most of them are work related and involve taking a class. All of them will probably involve buying a book because I have a bit of an addiction. Regardless, at the end of 2015 I would like to be able to say that "This year I improved on _____ by doing/taking _____."

4) Maintain a Blog
Am I the only one that finds it funny that I am posting this goal on a blog? Yes? Well I can handle that. Since about 2011 I've started and stopped blogs, but my goal this year is to keep one running for the entire year. It doesn't have to make money, it doesn't have to be good and it doesn't need to have any followers. But I want to prove to myself that I CAN keep a blog going.

Bonus points: I will master time management and discipline. And by master I mean learn some at all.

5) Work On a Hobby
Right now my hobbies include reading and playing xbox. Although reading is not a waste of time, it doesn't take much effort from me. I want to do something creative with my hands. A couple of months ago I took up soap making, which seems to be a pretty big hit with the people I've given the soap to. And I love it. It's fun to stand around the kitchen mixing things and seeing different concoctions come together. Soap will probably be the hobby I focus on. My next step is to learn the cold soap processing method, but I'm having a hard time finding a course close to me.

So, this is what my 2015 (hopefully) has in store for me. And yes, I am aware they aren't SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) but I am working on that. The first goal of all these goals was to decide on my top goals (yes that sentence was on purpose). So now that I have that out of the way, let's focus on a great 2015!

Gosh I am way to cheery sometimes.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment