Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

My Word Count Is Not Your Word Count

So it's day three of hell...ur, I mean NaNoWriMo. And I suck.

Saturday I wrote about 950 words, which wasn't too bad considering I probably actually wrote close to 2,000 words, I just couldn't decide how I wanted my novel to start.

I kept flipping back and forth between first and third person (still not sure which one I prefer). Then I didn't know where I wanted my character to start out. I've had an opening line stuck in my head for a couple of weeks, but when I started with it, it didn't feel right. So I rewrote.

Then I wasn't altogether happy with the story. An idea I loved Friday, I hated Saturday. It was not flowing at all. Usually I visualize in my head what is happening as I wrote and I couldn't. It felt like I was standing in a room with my eyes closed and TRYING to describe what was going on around me. It just was not working at all.

Sunday I failed even more. I. Did. Not. Write. A. Single. Word. Not one.

I'm still working on my schedule, to see if I write better in the morning, afternoon or night. I like my sleep and I work during the day, so it's probably going to end up being night time. I need to get into the flow though.

Today I will force myself to sit down and write. Even if I have to glue my ass to the seat.

Tonight is all about keyboards and coffee (see what I did there? ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment